Friday, 2 November 2012

Pumpkin Scones

I realise halloween is over, but I thought that anyone who has been growing pumpkins this year may still appreciate some recipes. I grew pumpkins on my allotment and I will be needing quite a few recipes as I've harvested about 20 all different sized fruits. Still trying to find places to put them! This is a really nice, simple recipe.

YOU WILL NEED
50g/ 2oz pumpkin puree (make in the same way as other recipes)
1 egg
2 egg yolks
Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
50g/2oz self-raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
50ml condensed milk

METHOD
The oven needs to be set at gas 6/200 C/400 F. – Grease a baking sheet and heat in the oven, whilst doing this blend all the ingredients together in a food processor. – Place spoonfuls of the mixture on the baking sheet and gently push flat. – Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes, till they rise and turn golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment